California Chicken Avocado Lettuce Wraps? Yep. They’re the new summer love. Fresh crunchy leafy greens, creamy avocado and nutty tricoloured quinoa all wrapped up with bright juicy tomatoes and long ribbons of baby zucchini.
Okay. I’ve not got too much to chat about today except to tell you how amazing these California chicken avocado lettuce wraps are. And how quick and simple they are to make. Oh… and how they are perfectly suited to a bright, fresh summery desk lunch.
Somehow I always think when avocado and chicken and lettuce are tossed together with quinoa it automatically means California. Maybe because it’s all so healthy. Or, it may have something to do with the fact that all of those ingredients will seriously contribute to getting you in summer shape, and are all about sunshine flavours.
And of course I tossed some quinoa in there as any health conscious, achingly predictable chef would do. But summer is the time of abundant salads and lettuce wraps and avocados galore. We’re all about that light and fresh feeling, no?
We also super love the idea of fruit thrown into savoury salads. Grapes, blueberries and strawberries if you got ’em. It’s the height of berry season, so we’re making sure that they make an appearance in eerrrrrythang, yo.
These are also a meal prep dream. Everything can be prepped on a Sunday and then left in the fridge ready for assembly whenever you just happen to be ready for it.
PS… If you’re new to meal prep and need a little help you can take the Meal Planning 101 Class and get your free meal plan toolkit. It’s awesome and helpful and free. Give it a try!
But, I should also mention how completely customisable these wraps are. Prefer tofu… no problem. You wanna skip the tomatoes and add some extra cucumber… sure thing.
Oh, I see you Boo.
What you really wanna do is use skip those little baby cherry tomatoes and use some big fat beefy toms from the garden and get some peppery radish in there. Yep… go for your life babes.
BTW… you could also use brown rice or cous cous instead of the quinoa. That would be totes amazing.
And that is all there is to these California chicken avocado lettuce wraps wraps. They’re super simple and adaptable and they just really wanna keep you company all summer long.
California Chicken Avocado Lettuce Wraps
- 50 g 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 50 g 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 chicken breast diced
- 200 g 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 head of purple romain lettuce
- zucchini ribbons
- 5 dill sprigs chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- Cut the chicken into cubes and fry in a non stick skillet until the chicken is cooked.
- Set aside.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt and the mayonnaise and add half of the chopped dill.
- Toss the chicken, grapes, and blueberries into the dill mayo mix.
- Lay the lettuce leaves out on a platter.
- Layer the quinoa on the lettuce leaf.
- Top with the chicken mix and shave the zucchini into ribbons on top.
- Place the sliced avocado on the side of the lettuce and roll into a wrap.