Okay. Here we go guys. No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites for the mid afternoon pick-me-up. Yaaaassss!
How would you like to have a grab and go snack, loaded with protein, super healthy seeds (think chia, sesame and sunflower), the salty savoury deliciousness that is peanut butter and the sweet hit of dark chocolate. These energy bites, are all of those things in one place. High five for hitting up all the major food flavours in a two bite snack!
Here’s what we love about these energy bites
- They require no baking whatsoever. Another high five, please and thank you.
- They are convenient to stuff in a bag and take on the go with you. Because summer and beaches…
- They are the healthy version of a peanut butter cup. <- This is like the unicorn of the snack world.
So, literally, there is no down side to making these energy bites. None. Like zip, zero, zilch negatives. It’s all good.
Did I mention that these are also a one bowl wonder food. All you gotta do is chuck all your ingredients in a large bowl, grab a wooden spoon and mix away. If you wanna speed this process up, then feel free to get in there with your hands. Hey, it’s a judgement free zone guys. I’ll even look away if you want to lick the peanut butter off your fingers. Still not judging. I swear.
But seriously guys, how’s your summer going so far? I’d love to hear your tales of shenanigans and tomfoolery in the summer sunshine. We don’t have a lot of plans for the summer. Just a day trip or two and maybe a night away somewhere. It’s my birthday in a couple of weeks. Not a big one, just a regular one, so we’ll do something fun then, but other than that, we’re staying close to home this year. That way we can whip up a batch of these energy bites whenever the spirit moves us.
Just kidding. I made a triple batch and froze them, so they’ll be lasting for a good while yet. I’ve also had the occasion to discover that these are a perfect post run/excercise snack. Aaaand, you can get the kids to make these when they tell you that they’re bored on a Saturday afternoon.
As I write this I’m realising that these energy bites are the gift that keep on giving. They are so easy to make, and versatile, and freezable and portable and…. so many other things. When you make these, be sure and leave a comment and let me know what life gap they filled for you. IE keeping the kids busy, taking the edge of the post workout, of just getting rid of the afternoon hangry pains.
These energy bites do it all folks!
No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and roll into two-bite balls between your hands.
- If mixture is a little on the sticky side, then wet your hands and shake off and excess water and roll the balls.
- Leave on a tray in the fridge for about 10 minutes, while you melt the chocolate.
- Dip one half of the bites in the chocolate and while the chocolate is still wet, dip into the coconut.
- Place back on the tray and leave in the fridge until the chocolate has set.