This roasted cauliflower Alfredo sauce is a rich and savory sauce with the sweetness from onions and roasted garlic. A healthy but rich take on the original cauliflower sauce. Super simple to make and perfect for creamy Alfredo sauce substitute.
Okay. So, we’ve all tried to be virtuous and get on the cauliflower Alfredo sauce wagon. But here’s the thing. It’s kinda gross, right?
Now, I’m a big fan of cauliflower and it’s health benefits. But what I can’t quite abide is that when so many recipes turn it into sauce, cauliflower becomes a watery/milky and tasteless shadow if it’s former self. It’s like it turns into a shy and embarrassed version of what it used to be.
So, how do we make this cauliflower the star of it’s own show? We roast it. Pure and simple roasting here folks. We toss in a whole white onion for sweetness and a whole head of garlic. But hold up! Hold the heck up! We are not talking a whole head of pungent, a bit too much kinda garlic. You know… the kind where you can’t leave the house or speak to anyone in person for a week. Yeah. It’s not that kind of garlic. We are talking roasted, soft, caramelised and super sweet garlic.
As soon of that chopped tray of veggie goodness hits the heat of your oven you’ll smell that garlic and onion and it will be like heaven.
Okay. So, these three ingredients together to create something that is a near perfect Alfredo sauce. I say near perfect because I always wanna leave room for improvement, ya know.
Why Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce?
- Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo sauce is a much healthier take on a traditional Alfredo.
- Roasted Cauliflower sauce is a richer version of the regular cauliflower sauce.
- It’s super simple to make in about 30 minutes.
- The left over sauce is perfect for freezing, which makes this a perfect addition to your meal planning toolbox.
Once you make this recipe for yourself, you’ll wanna tell everyone you know and that recipe will travel around your friends and family faster than gossip!
If you make this recipe and love it… you know you will… I’d love if you gave it a rating and left a comment below. Thanks!
Roasted Cauliflower Garlic Sauce
This roasted cauliflower Alfredo sauce is a rich and savoury sauce with the sweetness from onions and roasted garlic. A healthy but rich take on the original cauliflower sauce. Super simple to make and perfect for creamy Alfredo sauce substitute.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head garlic
- 1 white onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp miso paste
- squeeze of 1/2 lemon
- Trim the cauliflower into florets and slice the onion into wedges. Cut the head of garlic in half but leave the cloves together.
- Toss with the olive oil and place the tray in the oven to roast.
- Roast for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the cauliflower in the blender. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins add 1 cup water.
- Blend on medium for a minute.
- Add the milk and butter and continue to blend until the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the miso paste and lemon juice.
- Use on pasta, chicken, as a dip for bread or thin down with milk to make a soup.
- Makes 2 cups sauce.