This 2 ingredient vegan caramel sauce is sweet and creamy and full of healthy ingredients. It’s easy to make, absolutely delicious drizzled on everything and is perfect with chocolate.
This vegan caramel sauce is only 2 ingredients and is completely sugar-free. It’s made with dates and hot water and uses nothing but a food processor.
Vegan Caramel Sauce
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Vegan or Dessert pinboard!
Follow Salted Mint on Pinterest
How do you make vegan caramel sauce step by step
- Measure out your dates.
- Pour boiling water over your dates and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Blend the dates and add a pinch of salt.
- Place the caramel sauce in an airtight container or jar.
What is vegan caramel made of?
- Hot water
- Sea salt
- Optional Extras
- Coconut sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
What can you use caramel sauce for?
This vegan caramel sauce is perfect for
- No Bake Caramel Cups
- Drizzling on vanilla ice cream
- Having with chocolate
How Long Does Vegan Caramel Last?
This vegan caramel sauce lasts about 1 week in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Vegan Caramel Sauce?
Absolutely! This sauce is perfect for freezing for when you need to have a sweet treat put away.
SM Related Posts
Tools used to make this Recipe Name
Simple Vegan Date Caramel
- 200 g (1 cup) dates
- pinch salt
- 250 (1 cup) boiling water
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Slowly trickle in the boiling water while blending. Add enough water to reach the desired consistency. Mix in salt. Use right away or store in an airtight jar for about a week.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!