These teriyaki grilled chicken and veggie rice bowls are loaded with veggies and pineapple. Ya know… that classic combo. Grilled juicy sweet pineapple, smokey chargrilled chicken and sticky sweet teriyaki sauce.
Okay… so maybe we’re slightly obsessed with bowl food this week.
It’s no secret that we are officially entering the “no maintenance” dinner season. We’re talking firing up the grill and maybe… possibly… whisking together a sauce or two. But that’s our limit. we’ve got sun to soak up, right? So, you’ll be thrilled to know that this is one of those deals.
Whisk some ingredients (like soy, sesame, garlic and ginger) together and let that chicken hang out for a few minutes or overnight. Either way deliciousness ensues. But, don’t worry, it’s still super low maintenance. All you have to do is whisk, marinate, grill, repeat.
It’s officially BBQ season and low/no maintenance dinner season. Summer is officially here and you are officially covered!!!!
You may be seeing more BBQ recipes around here the next few months as the summer sun is shining on our little slice of England, and we need fully intend to soak up every last little bit of that sun while it’s here. So let’s all get this teriyaki grilled chicken on grill, eat, repeat for the rest of the summer! And the best thing about this grilled teriyaki chicken…
6 smart points per skewer!!!!! So, I’m fairly certain that gives leaves us an additional few points left for a cheeky glass of wine!
When you’re grilling these skewers be sure to brush with some extra sauce as you cook. But, do be careful when grilling these skewers. Because sugar can burn really easily and you will more than likely find that the pineapple cubes get colour on them more quickly than anything else. That’s not a bad thing, just want you to be aware of it as you grill.
3 Things to remember when making Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Skewers.
- Set aside some marinade to brush on the skewers as they cook.
- Be careful the pineapple doesn’t burn.
- Discard any left over marinade.
So, go and enjoy the sunshine and the summer, and let these skewers grill until golden and juicy. This teriyaki chicken will also be the perfect hit for any party that you’ve got happening.
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
For the marinade
- 1/4 cup 75ml light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup 75ml toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- juice of 1/2 lime
For the skewers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , cubed
- 1 red onion , quartered
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper cut into chunks
- 1/2 pineapple cut into chunks
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the marinade and place into a ziplock bag while you cut the rest of the veggies, or leave overnight.
- Heat the BBQ or the grill.
- Thread the chicken and the cut veggies on to wooden or metal skewers and BBQ until charred and cooked through.
- Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.