Turkey Carrot And Goat’s Cheese Gozlemes. Does the name of this 15 minute meal intimidate you? Don’t let it! Okay. We need to talk about these gozlemes. Aka. flat breads to you and me. These ones in particular have our favourite meal time winner… low fat turkey, some (normal, everyday) spices to jazz that turkey up, a little (melty) goat’s cheese and obviously a little yogurt sauce.
Hang on. Did you totally skim over the part where I said a 15 minute meal! Stop. Go back and read that again. Let it sink in for a sec. A totally outrageously flavour packed flatbread with sauce and cheese in 15 minutes. We’re using a pack of chapatis as our flatbread, ’cause we improv, like that. And we’re using the soft and crumbly kinda goat’s cheese because we like it reeeeally melty.
Friends, girl bosses, and all you guys and gals with a side hustle. I know that you have all been avoiding the grocery store since, like, June and opting for that “healthy” take-out salad, while you grind and hustle, but you need to get yourself re-aquianted with the grocery store. School’s back in guys. Wether you actually go to school or not, I feel like September represents the time to start to regroup and get back on track again.
So can we agree that maybe we keep takeout as a weekend treat and on weeknights we make ourselves kitchen heroes and dinner divas and we make these little turkey gozlemes in 15 minutes? That’s like a quarter of an episode of Stranger Things. Did I mention melty goat’s cheese and sauce? <- Just wanted to be clear on that.
Because, if you really want to get ahead of the game, you cook the turkey filling on a Sunday afternoon, so that you’re already halfway there on your busiest weeknight. That would mean these flatbreads will only take about 7 minutes! Ain’t no take out gonna match that. No way, no how.
How to make these Turkey Carrot And Goat’s Cheese Gozlemes even faster
- Pre cook your turkey on meal prep day. See the post about meal planning 101
- Crumble the goats cheese ahead of time.
- Buy pre cut vegetables to save on slicing time.
So guys, get on this flatbread train. These gozlemes will help everyone see you as the kitchen boss you already know you are. Ready?
Ummm, yeah. You were born ready.
Turkey Carrot And Goat's Cheese Gozlemes
- 500 g ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic
- 4 chapatis
- 200 g soft goat’s cheese
- Yogurt sauce
- 100 ml Greek yogurt
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- green chilli sliced for garnish
- pine nuts for garnish
- micro green for garnish
- Brown the turkey.
- Add the onion and garlic. sauté.
- Add chilli flakes and ras el hanout. Cook for another minute.
- Place in the turkey mix in a bowl. Wipe the pan out.
- Add another bit of oil and add the chapati to the pan.
- Place a quarter of the filling in the centre.
- Sprinkle the goat's cheese on top. Be generous!
- And flip the other empty side of the chapati over the filling to create a pocket or pillow.
- Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chapati is golden and crisp.
- 10. Garnish: chilli peppers, cress, cracked pepper, lemon wedges