Healthy Glow Broccoli & Lemon Winter Salad
This healthy glow broccoli and lemon winter salad is the perfect mid winter vegetarian nourish bowl. Roasted broccoli and cauliflower drizzled with a lemon garlic dressing and topped with all the winter essentials. Pomegranate, toasted almonds and goat's cheese.
Servings 4 salads
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup kale packed
- 1 1/2 cups faro cooked
- 6 Tablespoons garlic olive oil divided
- 2 Tablespoons of za’atar middle easter herb blend
- 2 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon zest only
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chilli pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons flaked almonds toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Goat’s cheese
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 2 Tablespoons toasted almonds
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 avocado
Preheat the oven to 350 and toss the cauliflower and broccoli in 2 Tablespoons of garlic olive oil. Sprinkle with the za’atar and season with salt and pepper.
Roast on baking tray for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower and broccoli are just starting to char. Add the kale to the tray and roast for a further 5 minutes, or until the kale is just crispy.
Meanwhile make the dressing. Whisk the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, honey and chilli flakes together. Season according to taste.
Place the faro into a serving bowl and top with the roasted vegetables. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top some (or all) of the garnishes listed below.
2 Tablespoons Goat’s cheese
2 Tablespoons pomegranate arils
2 Tablespoons toasted almonds
2 Tablespoons hemp seeds