Rainbow Tomato Bruschetta
This simple tomato bruschetta is the perfect (make ahead) appetiser bursting with fresh Italian flavours of juicy cherry tomatoes, bright fresh basil and sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar. It's all topped onto golden crusty bread and smoky grilled halloumi cheese. The perfect (easy) show stopping appetiser or snack.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- fresh black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil for grilling the bread.
- 1/2 baguette or crusty Italian loaf thinly sliced
- block of halloumi sliced and grilled optional
- fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar reduction
Quarter the cherry tomatoes and place in a small mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and the fresh basil. Mix together and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the halloumi, if using. Grill according to these instructions.
Slice the bread about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Using a pastry brush, coat the bread in a thin layer of the oil. Grill on a grill pan or in a frying pan until lightly toasted and golden.