Farmhouse Tuscan Easy Bolognese
One pan pasta that's light and summery and full of fresh bursting cherry tomatoes. This farmhouse style easy bolognese is exactly what summer cooking is all about. One pan, fresh ingredients, and only 30 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound of fresh spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup mixed herbs (oregano, basil, parsley) chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- extra herbs for serving optional
- 3 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
Cook the pasta according to the package directions and set aside.
In a nonstick sauce pan over a medium heat, brown the ground beef well, about 6-10 minutes. Once it’s cooked through, place in a bowl and set aside. Add the sliced onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are golden, soft, and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Toss 3/4 of the cherry tomatoes into the pan and let gently roast until they start to burst and release their juices, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring to a simmer.
Add the fresh herbs and the ground beef back to the pot.
Toss the pasta with the sauce and top with extra herbs, the remaining cherry tomatoes, and the grated parmesan. Drizzle with some chilli oil