Vegetarian Thai Green Curry
This vegetarian Thai green curry with cashew rice is the perfect fast and easy dinner. Fresh and bright homemade Thai green curry paste, crunchy peppers, leafy bok choi all get tossed with creamy coconut milk and served over a bed of cashew rice.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 2 bok choi cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp homemade Thai curry paste or store-bought
- 1 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 1 sprig each- Thai basil cilantro, mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole grain rice
- 3 Tbsp cashews chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp coconut slices optional
In a medium skillet or sauce pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions. Let the onions sweat for 5 minutes and add the pepper slices. Stir the curry paste through the vegetables and add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the peppers are soft and cooked. Turn the heat off and add the bok choi to the pan. Cover with a lid and let the bok choi wilt until ready to serve.
Meanwhile cook the rice according to the package instructions. Stir the cashews through.
Divide the rice between 4 bowls and spoon the curry over top. Place the red cabbage on the side and finish with the chopped herbs and some slices of coconut.