Autumn Citrus, Beetroot and Goats Cheese Salad
Autumn citrus beetroot and goat's cheese salad. A warm, earthy beetroot, creamy goat's cheese, crunchy and bitter leaves and the bright punch of citrus.
- 1 head of red chicory endive
- 1 large orange peeled and cut into slices
- 25 g 1/4 cup goats cheese crumbled
- 6 baby beetroot roasted and peeled
- handful of walnuts
For the vinaigrette
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp champagne or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
To roast the beetroot pre-heat the oven to 180c 375f.
Drizzle the beetroot with olive oil and salt and pepper.
Wrap in foil and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 20 minutes.
Once cooled, peel the beetroot and cut into quarters.
Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and whisk well.
Place all the salad ingredients on a serving platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette and scatter with the walnuts.
Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a dinner or lunch