Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
To make the pasta dough, steep the saffron strands in the teaspoon of boiling water. Place the rest of the
ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend. Drain the saffron from the water and add the water
to the pasta dough. Blend.
Bring all the dough together and form into a disc and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice the pumpkin, cover it in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add the thyme sprigs and roast for about 20- 25 minutes. Until the pumpkin is golden and softened.
Once the pumpkin is cooked, place it in a food processor with cream and parmesan. Blitz until smooth.
Place in a bowl in the fridge to cool.
Roll out the pasta dough with the pasta machine. Roll down to number 2 and leave the pasta in long
Place scoops of pumpkin filling onto the lower third of the pasta dough, leaving 2 inches between each
scoop. Brush the dough with egg wash around the scoops of filling.
Fold the top half of the pasta dough down so that the top and bottom edges meet. Making sure that there
is no air in the pockets.
10. Use a round cutter or a knife to cut the ravioli out.
11. Boil a pan of well salted water. Cook the ravioli for about 4-6 minutes. The ravioli should float when it's
12. In a medium skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Drain onto a paper towel.
13. Add the butter to the skillet and heat until the butter is foamy and goes brown. The butter will stop
foaming and start to smell nutty. Add the oregano, and remove from the heat.
14. Place the ravioli onto a serving dish. Drizzle with the browned butter and scatter the bacon. Add the
oregano and serve.