Lemon & Roasted Garlic Spinach Dip
This hot spinach dip is THE best appetizer you'll ever make. It's creamy, delicious, topped with golden cheese and has the added kiss of smokiness from roasted garlic. One of the best parts of this dip is that there's no mayo!!!!
- 1 head of roasted garlic about 8 cloves
- 13 oz frozen spinach- thawed squeeze out excess water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 5 oz package of Laughing Cow or other soft cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lemon separated (1/2 in thin wedges, 1/2 sliced for the topping)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup gouda
For the topping
- 3 lemon slices thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup gouda shredded
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 350F
Squeeze all the excess moisture out of the thawed spinach.
In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and warm the roasted garlic and the lemon wedges. Cook gently until the garlic is soft and warm and the lemon is breaking down into very soft pieces. About 8 minutes.
In a medium bowl mix the sour cream, soft cheese and the cream cheese. Add the paprika, spinach and the mozzarella and gouda. Mix well to ensure the paprika is incorporated. Fold in the roasted garlic and the spinach.
Place in an oven proof dish and top with the remaining cheese, lemon slices and fresh thyme leaves. Bake until the cheese topping is golden and the dip is hot. About 20 minutes. Serve with bread, tortilla chips or crackers.