Easiest Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
If you're looking for a quick and easy dinner with a bit of spice, then look no further than this! The easiest spicy Thai peanut noodles recipe you'll ever find.
- 1 lb egg noodles or spaghetti
- 1/2 large carrot very finely sliced or use a mandolin
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese rice vinegar
- 1-3 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 inch piece of ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 large blood orange or regular orange
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Boil the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
To make the sauce put all the ingredients into a measuring jug or a small bowl and whisk, or place everything into a blender and blend until the sauce is smooth and creamy. About 2 minutes.
Thinly slice the red pepper and the carrot. In a non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and add the red pepper and the carrot. Sauté for 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the noodles to the pan and toss. Add 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce and mix to coat all the noodles. Reserve the remaining sauce to drizzle over the noodles when serving.
Top the noodles with the peanuts, green onions and cilantro. Serve with the extra sauce.