Spicy Chorizo And Fennel Pizza
This spicy chorizo and fennel pizza is a tribute to the seasons. Deep rich roasted red pepper sauce, spicy chorizo to get that blood flowing and earthy, slightly aniseed-y fennel to bring it all together.
Servings 8 slices
- 2 chorizo sausages casings removed
- 1 fennel bulb shaved or thinly sliced
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g 1 pound pizza dough
- 125 ml 1/2 cup really useful roasted red pepper sauce
Pre-heat the oven to 200c or 380f.
In a small pan on medium heat, brown the chorizo until it’s cooked through. Using a slotted spoon place the chorizo on paper towel to drain away any of the fat.
Scatter the chorizo over the pizza and layer on the cheeses. Scatter with the pine nuts and a drizzle of olive oil.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted, bubbling and starting to brown and the pizza bases are golden and crispy.
Makes 8 slices.