This baked honey chicken is the queen of easy chicken recipes. Imagine crispy pieces of chicken smothered in a honey garlic marinade and simply baked in the oven until tender and juicy.
Breaking news, guys. Dinner is allowed to be the easiest thing you do all day. Especially on Thursdays. Because we’re all just tryin’ to get to the weekend, right?! Also, are you nervous about a dinner that only has 3 ingredients? I was skeptical too. But here’s the question… how difficult do you want honey glazed chicken to be?
*Hint- We want it really easy.
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Dinner pinboard!
Follow Salted Mint on Pinterest
And that’s exactly what this recipe is. Easy street. But there are just a couple of pointers I want to give you to make sure that you get the very best out of this simply Chinese style honey garlic chicken.
Baked Honey Chicken Top Tips
- Use the best quality honey you can afford. I used orange blossom honey because I wanted an extra depth of flavor, but any good quality will work.
- Dark or light soy sauce? Great question. For this recipe, you should be using dark soy sauce. It’s thicker and has a fuller bodied flavor than light. It needs to be heated to really have its true flavor brought out.
- Use a cast iron pan to crisp the chicken on the stove top and pop it straight into the oven. This cast iron skillet it perfect!
And that’s it! That’s all I got. This recipe really is all about that sticky, sweet and garlicky, lip-smacking, drinkable sauce. Which we all know is the hero of any weeknight dinner.
More Weeknight Chicken recipes on Salted Mint
Tools used to make this Recipe Name
3 Ingredient Baked Honey Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 1/3 cup runny honey orange blossom if available
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pre heat the oven to 350ºF. Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or an oven proof pan over a medium heat. Carefully place the chicken in the hot pan skin side down and brown for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and brown the bottom of the chicken thighs for a further 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or measuring jug whisk the honey, soy sauce and water until combined. Pour the sauce into the pan and coat the chicken. Add the garlic and mix in with the sauce. Using a spoon, coat the chicken with the sauce once more.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes and use the spoon to drizzle the chicken with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken with rice and drizzle with the remaining sauce.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!