3 Ingredient Honey Garlic Chicken. A healthy and quick weight watchers dinner. Juicy grilled chicken drizzled with a sweet and savoury honey garlic sauce.
Hey! Happy middle of the week. I've got your mid week dinner saviour right here. 3 Ingredient honey garlic chicken. Because sometimes we need really really quick and simple dishes to nourish us, not just our hunger, but our need for ease and simple solutions. So, here it is.
It literally is 3 ingredients, you guys. And you probably have all 3 of them in your store cupboard right now. Not surprisingly they are honey, garlic and soy sauce. That's it.
Oh. And chicken. Obvs. But I kinda feel like that's a given. So think of this saucy little chicken number as a base for all manner of dinner building. I intentionally left this chicken to fly solo, so that you could pair with it whatever you want. For example that sauce would love some ginger, or sesame oil or even some lemongrass. And it would love to be served along side brown rice, or some noodles. Maybe just some stir fried veggies, or steamed bok choi. A squeeze of lime into that saucy mix would also be A-okay too. But, it's absolutely delicious as is.
The point is that this is a jumping off point for you to have some creative liberty. Or not, if it's Thursday night and all you want is dinner in 40 minutes then honey garlic chicken is what you need. Nothing fancy, just tasty, and simple every day food. Fast & Fresh food.
Every recipe that passes your eyeballs on this blog has been created with one question in mind. Will people make this? The recipes have got to be user friendly and delicious, other wise it's not helpful. And I truly want this place to become a very helpful go to resource of recipes and info for people. So, here's probably the simplest recipe to day. But one of the most delicious.
Easy Honey Garlic Sauce
- 60 g Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 120 ml Honey
- 60 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 60 ml Soy Sauce
- 50 g Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 60 ml Water
Preparing the Cornstarch Slurry
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 60 ml of water. Stir well until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Set aside.
Cooking the Garlic
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 60g of butter.
- Add 4 minced cloves of garlic and sauté until they turn light golden. Be careful not to let them brown too much, as they can become bitter.
Adding Liquids and Sugar
- Add 120 ml of honey, 60 ml of apple cider vinegar, and 60 ml of soy sauce to the saucepan.
- Stir in 50g of brown sugar.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a light simmer.
Thickening the Sauce
- Stir the prepared cornstarch slurry once more and then add it to the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency. This should take around 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Cornstarch Slurry: If the sauce is too thin, you can prepare another batch of cornstarch slurry and add it to the sauce, a little at a time, until it reaches your preferred thickness.
- Garlic Cooking: Pay close attention to the garlic as it cooks. It should be a light golden color; any darker and it might give a bitter taste to the sauce.
- Storage: This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat gently over low heat before using.