Easy Asian noodle salad is made with sweet potato noodles, and fragrant spicy peanut sauce and topped with crunchy peanuts, crisp fresh vegetables, and peppery Thai basil. It's carb free and perfect for dinner, desk lunches or as a side for any BBQ.
This salad! Huh. It is the best! Picture it... mint, basil, a spicy, dressing made with almond butter, sesame oil, and soy sauce. With just enough hot sauce to wake up your taste buds.
Then imagine it all served over al dente sweet potato noodles mixed with herbs and halloumi.
This Asian noodle salad is the salad for people who love salad. But for people who often think they should eat salad but really, really, really want noodles. And of course, we had to include some nectarines, and sweet corn to balance out all that spicy goodness.
Did I mention how adaptable this Asian noodle salad is?
- If you're vegan, skip the halloumi or use tofu instead. I've got a step by step for how to grill halloumi so it's like smoky BBQ.
- If you want to boost the protein, add some grilled chicken. <- Such a great option!
- Looking to boost the veggies... add some peas, green beans, asparagus, and tenderstem.
But the real magic of this salad is the fact that everything is hearty enough to last in the fridge for a couple of days making this perfect for a meal prep for desk lunches all week long!
But seeing as I ate this salad in one sitting, it may not last that long! This Asian noodle salad is addictive and so healthy that you won't feel guilty about polishing it off in a day!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THESE BARS OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!
Asian Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Basil Dressing
- 4 sweet potatoes spiralled
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 nectarine thinly sliced
- 2 green jalepenos
- 2 Tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 4 baby carrots or 1 large carrot shredded
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup Mint chopped
- 1 block halloumi or tofu cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 thumb piece ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime juice
- 1 teaspoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha paste
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ bunch Thai basil chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Thai basil
For the salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a non stick skillet and add the spiralled sweet potato noodles. Cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes, until the noodles are soft but still have a bite. Add the mint and cilantro and place in a serving bowl.
- Top the salad with the red pepper, nectarine, carrots and jalepenos.
- In the non stick pan brown the halloumi or the tofu for about 2 minutes per side, until golden. Place on top of the salad.
To make the dressing
- whisk all the ingredients in a bowl and drizzle over the salad.
I am salivating. This looks so crisp, healthy & tasty. Don-t wait to try it.
Thanks so much, Stephanie! Hope you love it!