The gentle rhythm of summer. Fresh fruit and leafy salads balanced out by ice cream and s’mores. So, we’re gonna put two of our fav summer foods together. Fresh juicy, sun ripened peaches, balanced out by ice cream and honey. Summer dreams, y’all.
Peach season is in full swing and we’re not missing a single second of it because this lemon thyme honey peach crisp is in the oven right now! Two kinds of peaches (possibly excessive to have two types… but peaches… and summer…), lemon thyme and honey. Those summer perfect ingredients mixed with a little heat and topped with a little oat crisp topping is all your summer dreams come true. Then we go and put on some vanilla ice cream and we’re really in business. The summer biz…
Okay. Obviously the main thing here is the peaches (again… one or two types… you decide), followed closely by the lemon thyme. You could totally use regular thyme as well, but the flavours won’t be quite as punchy. NBD as long as you just get those herbs in there. Because the get together that is fruit and herbs in this situation is all the good summer things happening together.
I get it though. Normally summer peaches are meant to be eaten right off the tree. Sweet and juicy and warmed from the sun. Weeeelllll… that’s not exactly the case here. These are roasted in their own juices with some honey and then baked with that oat-y crumbl-y butter-y topping. Can you deal with how delicious that is?
I know that we’re concerned about health around here, and will continue to be so, but we can’t take everything off the menu all the time. Sometimes we just gotta get amongst the honey and the oats and a tiny bit-o’-butter, right?!
But the beauty of this crisp is that each of these totally cute little pans serves 2 people so you always get to share. Because that is the highlight of summer desserts ya know? Sitting out on the patio, eating just as the sun goes down and then lingering over the peachiest dessert because it’s all your summer dreams tied into one. Juicy peaches, fragrant lemon thyme, ice cold vanilla ice cream that’s just starting to melt and serious lashings of some local wild flower honey.
“Yep… two spoons please!”
4 Reasons to love Honey Peach Crisp
- Juicy ripe peaches.
- Warming Brown sugar and oat crumble topping.
- Earthy thyme to bring a modern feel to these crisps.
- Vanilla ice cream and honey comb to dress it these crisps up.
So, go forth and carry on with summer however you see fit. Maybe that’s endless cones of soft serve, or maybe it’s a chilled glass of rose on the patio at lunch, or maybe… just maybe… it’s two kinds of peaches in your peach honey crisp. I dunno, but just get your summer on however it feels right.
Lemon Thyme Honey Peach Crisp
Lemon Thyme Honey Peach Crisp is a classic crisp with a twist. Fresh juicy peaches with a lemon thyme accent and drizzled with fresh honey comb.
- 6 peaches ruby pearl and diamond pearl if available cut into wedges of 8
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 springs lemon thyme
For the Crumble
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180c/ 350f
- In a frying pan melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Add the peach wedges, thyme and the honey.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the peaches start to release all their juices.
- Set them aside and make the crumble topping.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and rub together with your finger tips until a crumble forms.
- Or you can do this in a food processor using the pulse setting.
- Top the peaches with the crumble topping and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the crisp is baked and the peaches are bubbling.
- Makes 4 servings.