Juicy blueberries, tangly Greek yogurt and olive oil make this blueberry olive oil loaf cake. A moist flavourful affair for anytime of day. Drizzled with a tangy citrus sugar glaze it’s perfect with tea or coffee.
Happy Friday! Happy blueberry season! Because it’s officially blueberry season, and I’m officially pretty happy about that. This blueberry olive oil loaf cake is the kind of loaf that you are totally in love with and makes you say… “just one more slice.” About a hundred times a day. This is a true love letter to the blueberry and all things that go with it. Yogurt… check… lemon… check… rose petals… ya! why not?!
Okay. So, I used oranges and lemons to make this. But as I sit here typing this out, the idea of lemon and thyme come to me. And these are good ideas people. This loaf cake is destined to make an appearance at least once a week in our house. But not to worry. We’ve lightened it up with olive oil, and fat free Greek yogurt to make sure we keep the fat and calories in check. After the clean and lean way we’ve been eating this week, a little weekend blueberry olive oil loaf cake isn’t gonna bust the diet. *Just make sure you keep moving!
And to be sure, true to my “make one now, save one for later” nature, this recipe makes two loaves, so you can double wrap and pop into the freezer for later.
The 3 best reasons to make Blueberry Olive Oil Loaf Cake
- It’s made with fat free Greek yogurt.
- The fruit is interchangeable. Blueberries, raspberries, strawbs.
- It’s simple and humble enough for everyday.
Other than that, there’s not a lot to tell y’all today. Some exciting projects and plans coming upS some wedding catering… which is pretty much taking up every ounce of my capacity to think… and organise. And some blueberry olive oil loaf cake happening. That’s it!
Happy weekend… and enjoy blueberry season to the max. It’s gone too quick!
Blueberry Olive Oil Loaf Cake
Juicy blueberries, tangly Greek yogurt and olive oil make this blueberry olive oil loaf cake a moist flavourful affair for anytime of day.
For the yogurt loaf cake:
- 75 ml olive oil
- 150 g fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 50 g demerara
- 100 g white sugar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 210 plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g blueberries
For the yogurt glaze
- 75 ml Greek yogurt
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Tbsp icing sugar to taste
- For the cake, mix the wet ingredients (yogurt, olive oil, eggs, juice and zest of the lemon and honey together in a bowl.
- Whisk until the mix comes together and is smooth.
- In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Place in one 900g loaf tin or split into to smaller tins lined with baking paper.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes for smaller loaves or about 45-50
- minutes for lager loaves. Leave on a rack to cool for about 30 minutes before glazing. For the glaze combine all the ingredients and glaze the cake once cooled.
- Top with dried rose petals