11 smart points | 390 calories
These mediterranean stuffed bell peppers are an all in one dinner ready in 20 minutes. They pack a flavour punch with lemon, sundried tomatoes, capers and oregano and basil, finished with a sticky sweet balsamic glaze.
Some days you just need a quick and easy dinner that’s got all the summer feels and flavours about it, ya know? And sometimes you need it to be totally veggie. And sometimes you even need a recipe that’s perfect for you to use those artichokes from that jar sitting in the back of the fridge that you bought for a salad about 4 months ago.
This is that recipe. This is a back pocket, any night kinda recipe.
These stuffed bell peppers are all that’s right with 20 minute recipes.
Top Reasons you should be making these Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers
- They take very little prep. You can chop, right?
- These peppers are totally veggie. Because we’re pretty flexitarian ’round here.
- These little peppers are loaded with all the cupboard staples that you already have at home anyway. Maybe just stop for some fresh herbs… or don’t. You can use dried herbs. That’s cool too.
So let’s talk about what it actually takes to get these stuffed bell peppers from idea to dinner.
First you cut the peppers and get all the seeds out. Then you pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes while you make the couscous and chop the artichokes and sundried tomatoes. Once the couscous is done you add your chopped mediterranean veggies and toss like you were born to toss veggies.
If you get that feeling, then you can add some soft mozzarella cheese and get it all melty under the grill. And then you drizzle the whole sweet, savoury roasted stuffed bell pepper business with some sticky and sweet balsamic glaze and toss will all the fresh herbs.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers. Veggie stuffed bell peppers that are weight watchers friendly and ready in 20 minutes using store cupboard ingredients.
- 100 grams Giant cous cous
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 sundried tomatoes halves
- 4 marinated artichokes
- pitted black olives chopped
- handful of oregano
- handful of basil
- 2 coloured peppers
- 8 baby bocconcini mozzarella balls
- salt & pepper
- balsamic glaze
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f.
- Make cous cous according to package directions.
- Cut the peppers in half from top to bottom and remove the seeds.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes to soften.
- Chop the tomatoes, olives, artichokes and herbs. Zest the lemon and toss everything through the couscous.
- Stuff the veggie couscous into the peppers and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Turn on the grill and top the peppers with the cheese and brown under the grill.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and top with more chopped herbs.
To make balsamic glaze you can reduce down 250ml or 1 cup of balsamic vinegar until it is a thick syrup consistency, or you can look in the deli section of most supermarkets.