This roasted red pepper pasta is the perfect mix of sweet and rich sauce with bitter wilted greens and toasted flaky almonds. A 30-minute pasta that’s perfect for getting your veggies.
This creamy red pepper pasta ticks all your boxes for a quick and easy dinner.
- Vegetarian or you can add chicken
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Pasta pinboard!
Follow Salted Mint on Pinterest
The sauce for this pasta feast is the roasted red pepper sauce. It’s such an easy sauce to make and is perfect for meal prep to keep in the freezer for exactly making pasta like this one.
For the greens in this pasta dish, I used rainbow swiss chard (because they’re gorgeous), but you can use any green leaf like kale, spinach or cavalo nero. It brings so much earthiness to the pasta and the sweet richness of the pepper sauce. And at this time of year, we all need to be eating more dark leafy greens to make sure we get our calcium and iron.
If you happen to be making this from the beginning, (don’t worry it’s super easy) you’ll have leftover sauce to stash in the freezer.
More Easy Pasta Dishes On Salted Mint
- 30 Minute Creamy Tomato Pasta
- One Pot Light and Healthy Mushroom Pasta
- Easy Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Shells
Tools used to make this Recipe Name
Tuscan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1/2 quantity of really useful roasted red pepper sauce
- 1 cup 250ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound 450g tagliatelle or other long noodle
- 1/2 bunch swiss chard or 2 cups of spinach or kale.
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Make the roasted red pepper sauce according to the recipe.
- In a small dry frying pan toast the almonds until they are just starting to brown and smell fragrant. Place them in a small bowl and set aside until you’re ready to serve.
- In the same pan, heat the tablespoon of olive oil and toss with the swiss chard. Heat until the chard is just wilted and set aside.
- Put half the amount of pepper sauce in a skillet or deep frying pan and add the cream. Whisk well and bring to the boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain. Toss with the sauce to ensure all the pasta is well coated. Place the pasta in a serving bowl and top with the wilted greens and the toasted almonds.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!