May I just introduce you to the easiest Szechuan noodle recipe you will ever make. Imagine it… egg noodles are tossed into the silkiest spicy peanut sauce made with ginger, chilli peppers and a hint of honey to bring it all together.
Okay. Not only are these Szechuan noodles AKA Dan Dan noodles slathered with peanut sauce but on top of that are savory cubes of halloumi pan fried to golden perfection and tossed with sesame seeds. Everything gets finished off with a liberal dusting of chopped peanuts and cilantro. And puh-lease! Don’t forget the limes!
Easy Szechuan Noodles With Peanut Sauce
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Noodles pinboard!
Follow Salted Mint on Pinterest
How to make Szechuan noodles in 20 minutes
- Make your peanut sauce. (Directions are below)
- Boil your noodles. Or use the preboiled ready to use wok noodles. That will take your time down to 10 minutes.
- Toss your noodles with the spicy peanut sauce.
- Top with ridiculous amounts of chopped peanuts, cilantro and green onions. Oh yeah. And limes.
How to make this easy peanut sauce recipe
- Gather the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and honey. Place it all in a blender.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of the chili flakes. Blend the sauce and add the remaining chili flakes if you’d like it spicier.
- While the sauce is blending, add the water in until you have the perfect consistency for your taste.
And that really is it. So, while everyone you know is agonizing over what to have for dinner, you will be tossing noodles in silky slurpable peanut sauce like an absolute boss and wondering what you’re gonna do with all your free time tonight.
We love you easy Szechuan noodles with super slurpable spicy peanut sauce! ♥
More Easy Noodle Recipes
Tools used to make these Szechuan noodles
Easy Szechuan Dan Dan Noodles With Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 pound egg noodles
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 1 " piece ginger peeled
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter natural peanut butter is perfect here. No need for the sugary stuff.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup water
For the Sesame Halloumi
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 ounces halloumi cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Toppings for noodles
- Green onions thinly sliced
- chopped peanuts
- lime wedges
- Boil the noodles according to the package instructions.
For the sauce
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender until smooth. Set aside while you make the halloumi.
For the halloumi
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and gently fry the halloumi until golden. Remove from the pan and toss in sesame seeds. Set aside.
To assemble the noodles
- Toss the noodles with the sauce and place in bowls. Place the sesame halloumi on top and top with the onions, peanuts, lime and cilantro
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!