These whole grain homemade tortilla chips are the perfect healthy snack. They are crunchy, high in fibre and low in fat and have all the deliciousness of regular tortillas.
Okay guys. I’m comin atcha fast and fresh today. It’s been a whirlwind around here with shooting recipes and developing more recipes and all the snacking I’ve been doing.
Because I’m fairly certain that the western world eats their collective weight in chips and crackers and all manner of crispy things in a day/week/month/year. And sure… we care about the health effects don’t we?
But we’re gonna be all good, you and me, because I’ve got a 2 ingredient and 5 minute solution for us.
6 Steps to Making Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Take 2-3 whole grain or multi seeded flour tortilla and cut into triangles.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add extra herbs and spices for a switch up.
- Bake your tortillas in the oven for about 4-5 minutes. Until they’re golden and crunchy.
- Master homemade tortilla chips and feel like a snack time hero.
- Enjoy them with hummus, chilli, salsa, guacamole or anything else ya fancy.
And that’s it for today. I’m out. Go and snack healthily and heartily and we’ll see you back here tomorrow!
This roasted carrot hummus makes for the perfect dip to have with these homemade tortilla chips.
How To Make Homemade Tortilla Chips
- 3 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 175c/ 350f
- Cut the tortillas into triangles.
- Toss with the olive oil and bake in the oven to about 5 minutes. Until the chips are golden and crunchy.