This baked Greek salmon is a total keeper. Here’s why… healthy oven baked salmon, drizzled with a heady mix of olive oil, garlic, oregano, dill, lotsa lemon, and the flakiest sea salt. Toss some potatoes on that sheet pan and you’ve got a quick and super easy but oh-so-delicious dinner that involves virtually no cleanup and nothing but happy eaters around your table!
Sheet Pan Baked Greek Salmon
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Dinner pinboard!
Follow Salted Mint on Pinterest
I’m absolutely in love with sheetpan and/or easy dinners because a) a sheet pan means virtually no cleanup and b) easy dinners mean that we can all still “wow” our families, friends and even ourselves with some simple ingredients and basic techniques. Cooking isn’t supposed to be difficult or stressful. It’s supposed to be fun and exciting and full of new flavors and experimentation.
So, this salmon recipe is the recipe for people who are nervous to cook fish. Worried about soggy skin, overcooked, dry, salmon or any of the other things that people worry about when cooking fish? Have no fear. This is your recipe!
How to make Oven Baked Greek Salmon
- Get yourself a sheet pan. You can grab one on the cheap right here-> perfect non-stick sheet pan for salmon.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Preheating the oven pretty much goes for every recipe, but especially for salmon so that the skin gets crispy and the salmon doesn’t get dry.
- Mix the ingredients for the olive oil marinade and drizzle it over the salmon.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and drizzle with the remaining olive oil marinade.
- Bake in the oven.
How long should you bake salmon (at 350ºF)
- It does depend on the size of the salmon that you’re cooking but here are a couple of rules that should help.
- Salmon should be baked to an internal temperature of 145ºF. Gently push the tip of a food thermometer into the center of the salmon and watch for the reading.
- For a 2 pound fillet of salmon like I’ve used in this recipe 25 minutes is perfect
- Making sure that your salmon is room temperature will help your salmon cook evenly.
You can absolutely use smaller individual fillets rather than a large one like I used.
What to serve with sheetpan Greek salmon
- Orzo or rice
- roast potatoes
- tzatziki sauce
- cherry tomatoes
And that is a wrap on this healthy, oven-baked, sheet pan Greek salmon dinner. We’ll see you back here real soon for more easy spring recipes! ♡
More Sheet Pan Dinners
Tools used to make this Sheet Pan Salmon
Greek Sheet Pan Baked Salmon
For the Salmon
- 1 2 lb fillet Salmon or 4 1/2 pound fillets
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano
- 1/2 pound baby new potatoes quartered
Olive Oil Marinade
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill
- sea salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- orzo cooked according to package instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Mix the ingredients for the olive oil marinade and drizzle 1/2 of it over the salmon. Scatter the fresh oregano leaves over the salmon.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and drizzle with the remaining olive oil marinade. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the yogurt sauce mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside until the salmon is baked.
- When the salmon is cooked serve with the new potatoes, orzo, yogurt sauce, tomatoes and spinach.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!