This skinny no bake strawberry cheesecake tart is the most luscious way to get your summertime strawberry fix. That crispy oat base, that creamy (but healthy) filling and all those fresh juicy strawberries will definitely mean that you need two slices.
There's not much that says summer time more than strawberries, is there? And this skinny no bake strawberry cheesecake is so totally on point. It's a relatively simple affair (I'm not fancy, guys) with a mix of low fat cream cheese and fat free Greek yogurt making up the filling. And a crumbly, oat-y biscuit-y base to carry all that creamy deliciousness to your mouth. I love to pair up my summer fruit with herbs just to give it a little something different.
I know it's easy to go with regular old mint, but we're looking for more modern flavours here. I've teamed this strawberry tart up with some Greek basil. It has a peppery hit to it, so makes the strawberries even sweeter than they would normally be. ?
There's a few things you need to know about this skinny no bake strawberry cheesecake.
Firstly, this creamy luscious tart is totally sugar free except for 2 tablespoon of coconut sugar in the cream cheese filling. Next up is the fact that this goes from ingredients to tart in about 1 hour (+ chilling time). Which makes it perfect for making the night before a BBQ or doing some entertaining... or just making for yourself and leaving in the fridge to nibble at all week long. Just being honest!
And that crumbly oat biscuit base is to die for. It's held together with some coconut oil and sweetened with some dried figs. Making it the perfect base for lots of your sweet treats with summer. But obviously this tart is begging to be customised for all the summer fruits you can throw at it. It would be gorgeous with peaches and/or blueberries and any other stone fruit you care to show it. Cherries... ummm... yes. Definitely.
Seeing as this skinny no bake strawberry cheesecake is perfect for a BBQ, I'll walk you through how to get it made the night before and not have to spend any time away from your grill... or your guests.
- make the oat base the afternoon before you need the tart. Or even make it earlier in the week and leave it in the freezer until you need it.
- the afternoon before your event, make the cheesecake mix and set it in the oat base. So obsessed with this oat biscuit base!
- top with the strawberries and basil right before serving. This is probably the most important part. Those berries need to be FRESH!
So go forth and eat those ruby red, juicy sweet strawberries by the bucket full.
Skinny No Bake Cheesecake Tart
For the shell
- 50 g melted coconut oil
- 6 dates softened
- 200 g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
For the filling
- 8 oz package of fat free or low fat cream cheese
- 200 g fat free yogurt
- 50 ml maple syrup
- For the topping
- fresh strawberries
- Greek basil or similar fresh herb
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or over medium heat.
- Place all the other shell ingredients in a food processor and blitz.
- Press the mixture into a rectangle or round tin and leave to chill overnight or for a few hours. This can also be placed in the freezer for a week or so.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in a stand mixer, or using an electric mixer, beat the cheese until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in your maple syrup and beat again for another minute.
- Gently fold in your Greek yogurt and let it firm up in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Load with as many strawberries as you can handle.
Nicole Yu says
Hi there 🙂 i'm from the philippines and i think it will be very hard to find date here, what other fruit can you recommend to be a date alternative? 🙂
Hi Nicole! You could use something like dried apricots or dried mango would also be absolutely lovely!