If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner with a bit of spice, then look no further than this! The easiest spicy Thai peanut noodles recipe you’ll ever find.
Let’s just get straight into talking about weeknight dinners. I know. They can be what can often be referred to as routine. That’s code for boring, right?! But have no fear. We’re about to fix that with these Thai noodles. The easiest Thai noodles ever.
So what makes these Thai peanut noodles different from all the other recipes out there?
The addition of blood orange juice to make this spicy peanut sauce sing. If you don’t have blood oranges (they are only available for a few short months a year) then, by all means, use juice from regular oranges. But please, when you make these noodles use some orange juice. It truly makes such a difference.
And for the other flavors…
- Lime Juice
- Orange Juice
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
Like this recipe? Pin it to your NOODLE pinboard!
Follow Salted Mint on Pinterest
Some tips for making these Thai Peanut Noodles the best they can be
- Be careful with the heat. Make sure you’re not getting too ambitious with the spiciness.
- Use whatever long thin noodles you’ve got. I used these ones, but any linguine, spaghetti or fettuccine will do nicely.
- Don’t skimp on the ginger and the citrus. They really make these simple noodles so much more than just a noodle bowl.
- Eat them hot, room temperature or cold= amazing leftovers.
Can you add protein to these noodles?
Of course, you can!
- Grilled halloumi would be one of my favorites. That also means that they remain vegetarian.
All of the above are great options for getting these noodles to stretch. But I love them left vegetarian and slathered with that spicy peanut sauce. Top them with chopped peanuts and a giant fistful of cilantro and you’re in noodle bowl heaven.
Do I need a blender to make the sauce?
Heck No! But if you wanted to dump everything in the blender and leave it to do its thing, then, of course, you can use a blender, but you don’t need to. A whisk works just fine here.
So when it comes to these spicy Thai peanut noodle bowls all you need to know is don’t skip the orange juice!
Noodle twirl in 4, 3, 2…
SM Related Posts
Tools used to make this Recipe Name
Easiest Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- 1 lb egg noodles or spaghetti
- 1/2 large carrot very finely sliced or use a mandolin
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Boil the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce put all the ingredients into a measuring jug or a small bowl and whisk, or place everything into a blender and blend until the sauce is smooth and creamy. About 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice the red pepper and the carrot. In a non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and add the red pepper and the carrot. Sauté for 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the noodles to the pan and toss. Add 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce and mix to coat all the noodles. Reserve the remaining sauce to drizzle over the noodles when serving.
- Top the noodles with the peanuts, green onions and cilantro. Serve with the extra sauce.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!