We’re chasing winter blues away with bright and tangy winter citrus and Asian hoisin glaze. This citrus hoisin glazed roasted sheet pan cod is a one pan dinner takes less than 30 minutes to make. It’s completely gluten and carb free. It’s perfect for cold January nights, but is completely diet friendly.
Happy Friday!!!! I hope you’re week has been awesome! Today we’re gearing up for a simple one pan dinner. Ready in less than 30 minutes. This citrus hoisin glazed cod is the perfect way to make the most of all that winter citrus. Because we’re all deeply in need of colour this time of year, right?!
This was supposed to be a blood orange hoisin salmon, but sometimes you just gotta roll with it and adapt as necessary. When I popped into my grocery store there weren’t any blood oranges and they didn’t have any wild salmon. So on to plan B. I picked up sustainably caught cod and pretty much every kind of citrus… except blood oranges.
Okay. So, let’s break it down. To be honest, there’s not really too much to say. This may be one of the easiest dinners you make all year. You mix the sauce in a measuring jug. Place everything on a tray. Pour half the glaze over the cod and roast. Brush the cod with more glaze. Aaaaannnnd we’re done.
But I’ll walk you through how to make Citrus Hoisin Glazed Roasted Sheet Pan Cod Step By Step
Finely dice the ginger and the garlic. You can use a microplane to grate them both so that they’re extra fine. I usually do use a microplane, but in this sauce I kinda wanted to the texture and the bite of chunks of ginger. A fine dice is what you’re looking for here.
Mix all the ingredients in a measuring jug. And whisk it well.
If you think that your sauce might be a bit thin, place it in a small sauce pan and reduce over a medium heat until it’s a glaze consistency.
Get everything on a tray and roast. That’s it. I used purple sprouting broccoli, but you can use any kind of veggies that you like. Carrots would work perfectly here!
Happy weekending and we’ll see you back here next week!
Citrus Hoisin Glazed Roasted Sheet Pan Cod
- 2 cod loin fillets or other firm white fish
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1 inch piece ginger minced
- 1 bunch purple sprouting broccoli
- 6 radish quartered
- 2 oranges quartered
- 1 ruby grapefruit quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the vegetables, and cod on the baking paper.
For the glaze
- Mix all the glaze ingredients in a measuring cup. Place the glaze in a pan and reduce it over medium heat until it’s a glaze consistency.
- Pour half the glaze over cod and the rest of the tray. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes and pour the rest of the glaze over the cod.
- Place the pan in the middle of the table to serve.