A sparkling white peach sangria that’s perfect for weddings and outdoor entertaining. It’s a simple sangria that takes less than a minute to put together and can be made for larger scale entertaining.
So how do you make peach sangria anyway?
This version has a bit of a twist in that it uses some champagne mixed with the white wine. For this version, the wine and fruit get mixed and left in the fridge to macerate. This starts to release the juices and adds so much flavor to the sangria. If you’re short on time, then you can make this all and serve right away. But it is better if you can leave it longer.
The best wine to use for making a white sangria is a light and crisp unoaked white wine. I usually use something like a pinot grigio or a sauvignon blanc. Most sangrias get their flavor and sweetness from the fruit in them rather than from the wine, so you can use something quite dry as well.
The common fruit elements of sangria are oranges, limes, and lemons, but seeing as peach season is in full swing, I thought we’d use them instead. I’ve also opted to make this a sparkling sangria which is becoming more popular as our love of champagne and prosecco continue to grow.
There are a few variations you can make on this a sparkling peach sangria
- With fresh peaches and champagne
- Use sparkling water
- Use peach schnapps with sparkling water or champagne
I used a combination of fresh peaches, a little splash of peach schnapps, but only because I had some and white wine and champagne. There is no need to buy peach schnapps for this particular version. I just had some in my fridge so thought that I’d use it to boost the peachiness a little!
So cheers to summer and peaches and sangria made with champagne! *clinking all around*
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING AND COOKING ALONG WITH ME! IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR HAVE A QUESTION, I’D LOVE IT IF YOU LEFT A COMMENT AND A RATING. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO SEE WHAT WE’RE EATING, PINNING AND A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES TOO!
Champagne Peach SangriaPrint
- 3 ounces peach schnapps
- 3 peaches sliced into thin wedges
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 bottle crisp un-oaked white wine sauvignon blanc or similar
- champagne or prosecco to top off the pitcher
- leaves mint for garnish
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Place 2 cups of ice in a large pitcher. Slice the peaches and add the the pitcher along with the raspberries and the sugar. Add the white wine and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Just before serving remove the pitcher from the fridge and add the champagne or prosecco and pour into wine glasses, making sure that each glass gets a peach wedge and some raspberries.
- Garnish with mint leaves.